You can email the staff to ask any questions about this study.
• You can decide not to be in this study. You can withdraw/quit after starting.
• If you have any questions about your rights, you can email or call the VibrentHealth Main Office for the Protection of Research Subjects.
• You do not have to be in this study. You still have all your legal rights whether you join the study or not.
• You have the right to be told about any new information that might make you change your mind about staying in the study.
CONFIDENTIALITY/ DATA HANDLING
Your contact information and data that directly identifies you will be separated from your study data and replaced with a random code before it is used for research purposes. All information used by this project will be protected so that it can only be accessed by authorized people. No published scientific reports or presentations will identify you directly.
We will do our best to ensure that your data is kept private and secure. Your data will be stored and transmitted using secure systems. The data will be securely stored in the United States. We will NOT access your personal contacts, other applications, text or email message content, or websites visited. We will never sell, rent, or lease your contact information.
Your private information and your medical record will be shared with individuals and organizations that conduct or watch over this research, including:
- The research sponsor
- People who work with the research sponsor
- Government agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration, and CDC
- The Institutional Review Board (IRB) that reviewed this research
We may share the study data with researchers outside of Vibrent Health. Before we do so, we will ensure that nothing in the data can identify you directly.
As a participant in this study, we may ask you to share your personal health information, as collected by Fitbit, Apple Health, or other connected devices. In each case, you can say yes or no.
You can continue on as a participant, even if you decide to not share any device data.
The de-identified information collected about you for this study will stored and used for other future research projects. The future research could include additional analysis on the detection of viral illnesses based on measurements from your fitness tracker and possibly other conditions that are found to affect your usual heart rate, sleep or activity.